Author Topic: Welcome to the unofficial VCS talk forum  (Read 1930 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome to the unofficial VCS talk forum
« on: June 24, 2018, 04:30:21 pm »
Hello i'm the admin of this forum please feel free to post and ask questions and help make this a central point for owners and potential owners if the atari VCS  ;D

marss

• View Profile
Re: Welcome to the unofficial VCS talk forum
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 05:13:49 pm »
Hi. My name is Marss. I pre-ordered the Onyx version. Thanks for having set this forum. Let's make Atari big again ;)

jwhyrock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 06:00:19 pm »
Me too. Marss and I are on another forum also.

Arenafoot

• Atari 2600 Homebrew Curator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 08:18:43 pm »
Hi, I'm Brian, known as "Arenafoot" here, and in the other two forums also, but best known around here as the Atari 2600 Homebrew Curator (my Comprehensive List, HB Companion Book, etc). Hoping that this forum will give us more insight into the coming VCS!

Atari400Veteran

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 08:21:11 pm »
Hi, Atari400Veteran here.

I also pre-ordered the Onyx, and am also in the other forum with marss and jwhyrock!

Very much hoping the nonsensical media backlash dies down next week as I am supremely excited for the VCS.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 09:19:48 pm »
Same here ordered the onyx only no controllers although I will pick up the classic one

Although the woodgrain does look nice I prefer the sleek all black look

jess9scrogsx

• Generation X
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 11:09:09 am »
Hello. Im a Gen X gamer. Atari 2600 was the second system I ever owned and I grew up playing it. I bought an Early bird Onyx and Two sets of both the Classic Joysticks and the Modern Controllers. I'd Love to see Atari rise again!

FallenElmaik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 05:41:12 pm »
Hi guys im FallenElmaik, 35 year old Mexican

Started playing back in 2600 era with dad, now im a dad hoping my kids will play this one with me.

I pre-ordered the Atari Tribute All-in!

Congui

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 02:50:00 am »
Hi my name is Conrad. 

Had an Atari 2600 in mid 80’s, and really enjoyed it.  Just decide and preorder the Tribute version with an aditional set of controllers; very excited about it.

Would love to see if they introduce later on a paddle controller (I know the joystick has the rotary function fo paddle games), just for the nostalgia factor.

Anyway, glad to be here.

Akasaurus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 10:59:35 pm »
Hey folks!

I'm the Akasaurus and I'm running a lil youtube channel Reptilian Reflections, its focused on Gaming tho probs use it to make vids on my other geeky passions too.

I've made a couple videos on the new Atari VCS coming out trying to be a lil voice of positivity in a sea of toxicity around it. I was VERY young when the Atari VCS was a thing but do remeber it and have fun memories. My best Atari memories are with the Atari Jaguar tho and seriously thinking of getting on despite how pricy they are. Ideally I wish Atari would remeber the Jag and bring back titles for this new system. Imagine a remaster of Aliens vs Predator and Iron Soldier? I THINK Atari oriignally own Primal Rage as well I'd love to see it on this system maybe be given a remaster or even if they cobbled up the abandoned sequel and polished it up for the vcs.

Seriously doubt any of that wil happen but one can hope. Its been fun seeing all the comments around the Atri vcs vids I've made it feels like I have finally found a Gaming section/sphere I am connecting with and can focus on. I never thought it would be Atari but I think a lot of people (well a passionate small community at least) are really excited to help bring Atari back like this. I even bout one of those cool lil notebooks that look like 2600 cartidges its SWEET!

My youtube channel is https://t.co/90HGbOStjx

Come say hi I'lldefo be haunting these forums too :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:04:16 pm by Akasaurus »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 12:15:08 am »
Glad to see you made it Akasaurus

M

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 02:12:52 pm »
@Akasaurus

RE: Jaguar.

There is a retroarch module available, so while it's not an official Atari solution, it's usable regardless. I'll be covering it in the August issue of Atari Age Magazine..

The cool thing about the VCS is it's not only capable of playing every game ever made, but with streaming clients, it's future proofed for every game that WILL be made.

That's why I ordered mine anyway.

Microdork

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 12:06:39 pm »
Hello I am the microdork. I pre-ordered the Atari vcs onyx edtion. I did not grow up with any Atari consoles or computers but love them now. All but 5200 still great